I am eternally grateful for all Cardinals that played a part in getting our annual Gala off the ground. The annual Gala and raffle sales is a whole group effort. Thank you for selling raffle tickets, contributing items to the silent auction, or for attending the Gala. We are hopeful that tomorrow night’s event will be our best one ever.
What is Adoration?
Eucharistic Adoration is a Catholic devotion dating back to the early days of the Church. It involves exposing a consecrated host, the Blessed Sacrament, and allowing people to sit and pray in the Real Presence of Jesus Christ. Adoration specifically refers to any prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament whether in front of a closed Tabernacle or in front of the exposed host in a monstrance. It is nothing more than a heart-to-heart conversation with the God of the universe.
Eucharistic Adoration is the perfect way to both receive the grace of God’s mercy, and to become merciful so that you can give it to others. Archbishop Fulton Sheen said that Eucharistic Adoration has two effects. The first is personal where over time we change just by being in the presence of the Lord and the second is social and communal where we begin to think of others more.
God speaks to us all the time in everyday life. The quiet of Eucharistic Adoration helps us to hear Him.
Taken from: https://stmaryhudson.cc/what-is-adoration
Questions or Concerns?
Don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a time to meet.
- Friday, November 4:
- End of Trimester 1
- 8th grade shadow day at SMHS or another high school (no classes at DR today for 8th graders)
- First Friday: Gala and dress passes accepted for free, appropriate dress
- Spirit dress for those attended Spirit Night
- Saturday, November 5:
- GALA-5:30PM at the Elks Lodge
- Come dressed as the decade you were born in
- Saturday Mass is at 4PM today
- GALA-5:30PM at the Elks Lodge
- Thursday, November 10: Veterans please attend; we want to honor YOU!
- School Mass at 8AM; 5th sponsors
- Friday, November 11:
- 2nd Friday: Spirit wear for everyone (no passes accepted)
- Sunday, November 13:
- Running Club 5K Fun Run; 2PM at the Grace Center, all are invited
- Thursday, November 17:
- School Mass 8AM; 4th sponsors
- Friday, November 18:
- 3rd Friday: Gala and dress passes accepted for free, appropriate dress
- Whole school Holy Hour and Adoration: 11-11:40
- 11:45AM dismissal
- Saturday, November 19-Sunday, November 27:
- Thanksgiving Break: NO SCHOOL
- Sunday, November 27
- First day of Advent
- Glowsary 5:30PM at the Rosary Garden (welcome Advent by praying the Rosary with glow sticks); hot cocoa and cookies to follow; bring a favorite nativity to be blessed by Fr. Jason
- If your child is sick, please keep them home.
- If your child is demonstrating early signs of respiratory distress, consider taking them to their primary care doctor for evaluation.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage children to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue or upper arm sleeve when they cough or sneeze, throw away the tissue after they use it, and clean hands as instructed above.
- Clean potentially contaminated surfaces, like doorknobs, tables, handrails, etc.
- Avoid sharing cups, eating utensils, and touching your face with unwashed hands.
Save the Date!
- Saturday, November 5
- Thursday, November 10:
- All veterans are invited to our 8AM Mass for a special blessing
- Wednesday, December 7:
- K-5 Christmas Program at 3:15 in the church
- Wednesday, February 1:
- Cardinals Classical Symposium 9 to noon-all parents invited (more information to come)
- Sunday, May 7:
- First Communion Mass at 11AM
- Sunday, May 21:
- Confirmation Mass at 11AM Mass
- Saturday, February 25:
From Mrs. Faber:
Running Club- Our running club is hosting a free 5K on November 13th. We hope that you can join us! We will begin at 2 p.m. at The Grace Center for Athletics located at 1655 Pirate Height. We will have a small concession stand open with drinks and snacks to purchase. Strollers will be allowed, but no other "wheels" (scooters, roller blades etc.) Our pets are part of our families, but this will be a pet free event. Please contact me if you have any questions.
1st-4th grade basketball begins this Saturday, 9-11 a.m. The fee is $50 and is payable to Divine Redeemer. If you need more information, please contact me.
Volunteer needed! I am looking for a parent to run the concession stand on the Saturdays that we have 1st-4th grade basketball. The time is 9-11 and the dates are November 5th and the 12th, December 3rd and 10th.
Mark your calendars for our annual Glowsary! What is this!?! This is a Rosary with glo sticks at dusk on the first Sunday of Advent (November 27th.) We will have cookies, hot chocolate, and you can bring in your Nativity Scene for Fr. Jason to bless. This is a wonderful way to prepare our hearts for Advent.
7th and 8th Girls BB schedule:
Nov. 1st 5:30 @ St. Paul's (1601 Mesa Ave.)
Nov. 3rd 5:30 @ DR
Nov. 4th 5:30 @ DR
Nov. 10th 5:30 @ DR
Nov. 11th 5:30 @ St. Paul's
Nov. 15th 5:30 @ St. Peter's (104 1st Street, Monument)
Tournament will be Nov. 18th-19th time and locations TBA.
7th and 8th grade Boys BB schedule:
Oct. 27th 6:45 @ St. Paul's (1601 Mesa Ave.)
Nov. 1st 6:45 @ St. Paul's
Nov. 3rd 6:45 @ DR
Nov. 4th 6:45 @ DR
Nov. 8th 6:45 @ St. Paul's
Nov. 10th 8:00 @ DR
Nov. 11th 6:45 @ Corpus Christi (2410 N. Cascade)
Nov. 17th 8:00 @ St. Peter's ( 104 1st St.)
Tournament will be Nov. 18th-19th, times and locations TBA.
NEW SCRIP INFO
- Raisin' Canes $25 gift cards will soon be available from the Scrip box. It is not on the RaiseRight app, and has to be ordered through the Scrip Office. We hope to have it available to pay for through the app, like King Soopers. But it is only available as a physical card.
- VISA is now available in $25 and $500 denominations!!
- Remember, Scrip is available most Monday mornings from 7:30-10:00 in the Scrip Office, as well as most Tuesday & Friday afternoons at pick up in the parking lot.
- WHAT IS "GREEN SCRIP"? It's a gift certificate to buy Scrip cards! You can purchase Green Scrip for teachers or other people who buy Scrip at DR; and they can redeem it for whatever Scrip cards they want (only available to redeem for physical cards, not for use on the RaiseRight app). It's a great way to say "Thank You" to someone special. And as the purchaser, you earn 5% towards your commitment. A win win for everyone!
- With the holidays fast approaching (much too fast!), we have the following cards available while supplies last: Starbucks-$5, Amazon-$10.
- If you cannot purchase during regular hours, request a "yellow envelope" from the office, that can be used to send orders to the office and home again.
- FIVE GUYS is now available through the app--only as a "e-card"--and earns 7.5%--take a break from the kitchen!
- Supercuts is no longer available.
- Orders are placed in the office Monday mornings with delivery on Thursdays. Be sure to get orders in by Monday at 9:00, and send the office an email (email@example.com)
- Enroll your family in the RaiseRight app--the enrollment code is FFDL29CF737. Share with friends and family to earn even more towards your commitment!
There is a nationwide, as well as local surge in RSV cases .
On October 28th, CDPHE reported an increase in hospitalization due to RSV, with 95% of hospitalization being children. Additionally, CDPHE has seen a sharp increase in reported RSV outbreaks occurring in childcare and school settings, with 42 confirmed outbreaks reported since Oct. 1, 2022. Among these outbreaks, more than half have had at least one person involved in the outbreak seek care at a hospital.
Let’s all do our part to keep our children, their friends and our community safe!
Here are some ways you can help reduce transmission of RSV:
More information on RSV can be found on the CDC or CDPHE websites.
Lost and Found
Our lost and found (located at the bottom of the café stairs) is overflowing. If you have a lost item, check the lost and found.
Bell Ringers and soloists for the Christmas Program
Dr. Ellis is looking for eight interested KN-5th graders who would like to be bell ringers at the Christmas program on December 7. If your child is interested, send in the attached permission slip.
We have opportunities for some children in Grades 2-5 to be selected as vocal soloists for the performance! Auditions will be held during school recess times, and children will sign up for slots. More information will be emailed to you on Monday, November 7.
A reminder that students must have adult supervision after school. Students may not wait in the bleachers for a sibling to finish practice without a parent. Students also may not play on the playground or on the black top after school without adult/parent supervision.
Emergency and Weather Alerts
CS Fire Department and Police Department would like everyone in El Paso and Teller county to sign up for Peak Alerts for notification of emergencies. Notifications go out based on your zip code and your “zone”.
Fundraisers and Donations
Divine Redeemer has one mandatory fundraiser each year that we expect families, teachers, staff, priest, and deacons (every person in the DR community) to participate in. That one fundraiser is the annual Gala and raffle ticket sales. Families can best participate by selling raffle tickets, contributing to class baskets, and attending the Gala.
We have LOTS of additional fundraisers and ‘asks’ going on all the time. There is never any obligation to participate in these additional fundraisers or ‘asks’. If you are feeling “nickeled and dimed” by Divine Redeemer, remember that your only fundraising commitment is to the raffle and Gala. We do, however, hope that if you are blessed with abundance that you consider supporting the ‘asks’ that come from the school.
Inclement weather procedures
All inclement weather decisions are based on concerns for student, parent and staff safety. Parents are expected to decide whether to send students to school on threatening, stormy days. When school is open, parents may choose to keep their children home or delay their arrival when conditions warrant. Early removal from school will affect perfect attendance, except for scheduled early dismissal days or early release days due to inclement weather.
A timely decision to cancel or delay the start of school shall be made to ensure announcements are provided to DR families no later than 6:15 AM of the same school day, unless there are extenuating circumstances. If Colorado Springs School District 11 is closed for the day, Divine Redeemer will be, too. Parents will receive a text message, and an email notifying them of late start or closure. Information will also be available on local news scrolls.
Calling All Cardinal Parents
Our amazing PTCO board is looking for new members. The board meets periodically (about 4 times per year) to plan events for the school community. Upcoming events sponsored by PTCO are St. Nick’s Day celebration on December 16, Catholic Schools’ Week (January 30-February 3), Wine tasting ( April 14) and Teacher Appreciation Week (May 1-May 5). Interested in contributing fresh, fun ideas? Connect with Andrew Harry, our board president, or email the board at PTCO@divineredeemer.net
St. Nick to visit on December 16!
We will have an esteemed visitor on December 16! St. Nick will join us for a pancake breakfast (buddy classes will eat together) AND a story!