Special thanks to the families that provided the teacher luncheon on Thursday. Your kindness and generosity are so appreciated!
Class Baskets for the Gala
We are doing something a little different this year with our class baskets. We have coordinated basket themes with content being studied in each of the classes that aligns with our Catholic classical curriculum. We need your help filling these baskets. You can easily use the links below to purchase wish list items. Or, we happily accept Amazon gift cards which also count towards your scrip commitment.
Preschool- Chocolate and Coffee
Kinder- Alice in Wonderland: Mad Hatter Tea Party
First- The Librarian who measured the Earth
Second- Romulus and Remus and Nativity
Third- Little House in the Big Woods
Fourth- Charlotte’s Web- Farm to Table
Fifth- American History
Sixth- Ancient Greece
Seventh- There and Back Again: The Hobbit
Eighth- I Juan Parejo: Spanish Renaissance
Catholic Education Through the Decades
Our one and only obligatory fundraiser, the Gala and Raffle, is FOUR weeks away. A successful event is critical to our longevity. Monies earned through this appeal are used to purchase textbooks, technology, and swamp coolers, to name a few. This is a WHOLE GROUP EFFORT, meaning every Cardinal has a role. How do you do your part?
- Sell those raffle tickets.
- Provide an item for your class basket.
- Attend the Gala on Saturday, November 5th.
Our annual Oktoberfest will be October 15th this year. This event is a fun community event that is a tradition for our school and parish. This year we will be featuring LIVE music!! We are very excited and we hope you can join us!! It is a FUN way to get volunteer hours the day of or you can just donate something. Please see the signup genius below.
Sell Tickets after Masses
We are nearly half-way through Gala season. Having trouble selling your tickets?
Below are sign up links to sell raffle tickets to parishioners after parish Masses at DR, Holy Trinity, and OLP. Parishioners are usually very generous and desire to support our school. Student sellers should wear DR red polos so that they are easily identified.
Questions or Concerns?
Don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com and we will arrange a time to meet.
- Monday, October 10:
- No school
- Wednesday, October 12:
- SMHS parent information night at DR; 6PM in Mrs. Taylor’s classroom (2nd floor)
- Thursday, October 13:
- PTCO general meeting at 3:15 in the Community Center
- Friday, October 14:
- 2nd Friday; Spirit dress for all
- School Rosary at 2:30 in the Rosary garden; Gr. 6 leads
- Saturday, October 15:
- Oktoberfest in the school gym after 5PM Mass
- Sunday, October 16:
- Family Mass 11AM featuring the St. Michael Choir
- Faith & Reason presentation following Mass by Deacon Ed Wilmes (11AM in the Community Center; lunch provided)
- Tuesday, October 18:
- School picture day; this is a formal dress day; see pages 21-23 of the Student & Parent Handbook
- Thursday, October 20:
- School Mass 8AM, KN sponsors; Bishop Golka here
- Friday, October 21:
- 3RD Friday; dress passes and Gala passes accepted.
- Catholic Mom’s Group invites everyone to Family Holy Hour and potluck at 6PM
- Saturday, October 22:
- Halloween Hop and Haunted Hallway 6-8PM in the Community Center
- Thursday, October 27:
- School Mass 8AM; 8th sponsors; Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy will speak after Mass
- Saturday, October 29:
- Middle school dance at St. Mary’s High School (see flyer in documents section of the DR app)
- Monday, October 31:
- Come in costume today!
- Halloween parade at 10:45am
- Early dismissal: 11:45am
Save the Date!
- Saturday, November 5
- Wednesday, December 7:
- K-5 Christmas Program at 3:15 in the church
- Wednesday, February 1:
- Cardinals Classical Symposium 9 to noon-all parents invited (more information to come)
From Mrs. Faber: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!
Our annual Oktoberfest will be October 15th this year. This event is a fun community event that is a tradition for our school and parish. This year we will be featuring LIVE music!! We are very excited and we hope you can join us!! It is a FUN way to get volunteer hours the day of or you can just donate something. Please see the signup genius below. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0449AFA622AA8-oktoberfest4
7th/8th grade basketball will begin next week. Our girls will practice on Tuesday, October 11th (3:15-4:45) and our boys will be practicing on Wednesday, October 12th and Thursday, October 13th (3:15-4:45). I will have a set practice schedule next week, but we just need to get started and see what our numbers are. Basketball fees are $75.00 and your athlete will need a current physical on file. Please turn in money and physical into the front office. Checks can be made out to Divine Redeemer.
1st-4th grade basketball is coming!! Please have patience with us as we are coming up with a better solution than the YMCA. We will be hosting our own league here at Divine Redeemer. We will need volunteers to help with this so please watch for more information.
5th/6th grade basketball will begin after Christmas break.
RUNNING CLUB- We will be getting our running club t-shirts next week. Please watch for more information!
From Mrs. Damerell in the Front Office:
We will be having our Annual Halloween Hop on Oct. 22 from 6-8 PM. Fliers went home this week with information on the Hop. Please RSVP when you can so we have an idea on how much food we will need that night.
At this time, I have set up a VolunteerSpot for those of you are interested in volunteering during the event or donating items for the event. Please keep in mind that all donations for time or items does go towards you family’s volunteer hours for the 22-23 school year. Here is the link that I have set up for the items and help that we will need for the Halloween Hop: https://signup.com/go/quYRzi
Free Uniform Closet:
Don’t forget about our Free Uniform Closet located upstairs. If you child is in need of uniform pieces please feel free to come in and check out our Free Uniform Closet. You can also donate any uniforms that are still in good condition to our closet.
FACTS Family Portal:
Have you gone into your FACTS Family Portal? Are you having trouble accessing your child’s grades? Have you locked yourself out of the program? Please feel free to email me and I can help you, firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a reminder our District Code is: DR-CO
NEW SCRIP INFO
- WHAT IS "GREEN SCRIP"? It's a gift certificate to buy Scrip cards! You can purchase Green Scrip for teachers or other people who buy Scrip at DR; and they can redeem it for whatever Scrip cards they want (only available to redeem for physical cards, not for use on the RaiseRight app). It's a great way to say "Thank You" to someone special. And as the purchaser, you earn 5% towards your commitment. A win win for everyone!
- NO ORDER WILL BE PLACED THE WEEK OF COLUMBUS DAY--Scrip will still be available to purchase in the parking lot that week
- Scrip is available most Monday mornings from 7:30-10:00 in the Scrip Office, as well as most Tuesday & Friday afternoons at pick up in the parking lot.
The Ski Passport is a digital ski pass that provides an affordable way for students in grades 3rd–6th to have access to CSCUSA member ski areas. See the flyer in the documents section of the DR app.
Priesthood Appreciation Contest (see flyer in the documents section of the DR app)
Theme: Priests Bringing Christ through Eucharist
Create an essay, encouraging letter, poem, artwork, video or thank you card to the priest.
Submissions due: October 21; virtually submit to email@example.com
Winners will be chosen in the following groups: Pre-K-1, Grades 2-4, Grades 5-8
Catholic Mothers of Faith
Divine Redeemer Catholic Mothers of Faith is hosting our first CMF Book Club with Immaculee Ilibagiza's Left to Tell. An inspirational story of faith in the face of unimaginable horror. Participants can opt to attend in-person on Wednesdays, starting Oct 19, 10am or virtually from home, starting Sundays, Oct 23, 8:30pm. Cost is $15 per book/person. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Oct 12th.
Also, We would like to invite all ladies to join us for a Women's Holy Hour on Saturday, October 8, at 10AM, hosted by the Catholic Mothers of Faith. We will begin in the Community Center with a 30-minute presentation on ways to pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Then we will move upstairs to the church sanctuary for an hour of Eucharistic Adoration with meditative music and guided reflection for women. Confessions will be available during the Holy Hour.
Family Holy Hour and Potluck October 21 at 6PM
Sponsored by Catholic Mothers of Faith, come for prayer and community. Pray the Rosary, listen to music provided by the St. Michael’s Choir, and spend time with the Blessed Sacrament. See the graphic below for more information.
Gala season is upon us. Feel free to send sold tickets to the front office as soon as they are sold (no need to wait until all 30 are sold). The top two sellers for the week (announced on Friday afternoons) will receive lunch brought in on the following Wednesday. Questions: Contact our Gala Chairwoman, Kate Burke at email@example.com