Theology of the Body
New to our K-6 religion curriculum is Theology of the Body. This program, based upon Pope St. John Paul II’s Wednesday audiences, explores what it means to be human and God’s plan for human sexuality. A foundational piece of ToB comes from Genesis 1:27: "God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Other foundations:
- God made this world and you on purpose and out of love
- God made you male or female on purpose with a plan for you
- Each person's body, given by God at the moment of conception, is an integral part of the person
For more information:
Sell Tickets after Masses
Below are sign up links to sell raffle tickets to parishioners after parish Masses at DR, Holy Trinity, and OLP. Parishioners are usually very generous and desire to support our school. Student sellers should wear DR red polos so that they are easily identified.
Our Lady of Pines
Questions or Concerns?
Don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com and we will arrange a time to meet.
- Friday, September 23:
- 4th Friday: Spirit dress for all (Gala and dress passes also accepted for free appropriate dress)
- 11:45AM dismissal (teacher in-service day)
- Spirit Night! Come support DR volleyball and earn spirit wear! Games are at 5:30 and 6:30 in the DR gym. Come for both games, one game, or part of a game. We just want you there to cheer on our Cardinals! Students who attend Spirit Night may come in Spirit Wear on Monday, September 26th.
- Monday, September 26:
- 8th grade parent meeting at 3:00 in Mrs. Taylor’s classroom; 8th graders attend too.
- Thursday, September 29:
- St. Michael the Archangel’s feast day
- School Mass at 8AM; 3rd sponsors
- Friday, September 30:
- 5th Friday: Free appropriate dress for all
- Blessing of the pets at 3:00 in the Grassy Knoll
- Thursday, October 6:
- No school Mass today (priests on retreat)
- 11:45AM dismissal
- Parent teacher conferences from 1-7PM
- Friday, October 7:
- No school: parent teacher conferences
- Monday, October 10:
- No school
- Wednesday, October 12:
- SMHS parent information night at DR; 6PM in Mrs. Taylor’s classroom (2nd floor)
- Thursday, October 13:
- PTCO general meeting at 3:15 in the Community Center
- Friday, October 14:
- 2nd Friday; Spirit dress for all
- School Rosary at 2:30 in the Rosary garden; Gr. 6 leads
- Saturday, October 15:
- Oktoberfest in the school gym after 5PM Mass
Save the Date!
- Thursday and Friday October 6/7: Mandatory Parent/Teacher conferences
- Saturday, November 5
- Wednesday, December 7:
- K-5 Christmas Program at 3:15 in the church
- Wednesday, February 1:
- Cardinals Classical Symposium 9 to noon-all parents invited (more information to come)
From Mrs. Faber: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!
Spirit Night on Friday night (September 23rd)! Come help us pack the gym and cheer on our volleyball players! We have two games at 5:30 and 6:30. We will have our concession stand open as well as a baked goods raffle! The perfect night for our community to show our Cardinal pride. Admission is free for everyone.
Spirit Club-Would you be interested in helping with a spirit club? IF you are, please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running Club- We are in need of volunteers to help with the K-4th grade team. We have 20+ excited members and keeping them all together can be a challenge. Parents, please wear your red lanyards to pick up your athletes, this will help the coaches know that they are sending everyone home with the proper adult. I am looking into ordering t-shirts for our athletes. I will let you know what I come up with and let you all know the price.
Oktoberfest- I am still looking for 2-3 people to help me head up this FUN community event! Please contact me if you are available. It would entail some shopping and helping with cooking and cleaning up on the day of the event (October 15th).
Volunteer Hours- Have you logged in any volunteer hours on FACTS? Thank you to everyone who have taken time do to this!
How to Log Your Volunteer Hours in FACTS * Log into the Family Portal (all of our families have at least one person who has a login/password for the Family Portal).
* On the left side of the page, select the ‘Family’ tab
* This will open the ‘Family Home’ page.
* There will be two (2) headings on the page: ‘Contact Info’ and ‘Service Hours’ * In the ‘Service Hours’ heading, click the “Add+” tab in the upper right-hand corner.
* The ‘Service Hours – Add’ box will appear. The name of the parent and the date will automatically pre-populate (the parent can change the date, if needed).
* The parent will enter the number of volunteer hours worked (this is a required field).
* The parent will open the ‘Description’ dropdown and select the “[type a custom value]” option and then enter a description of the work they did (this is a required field).
* The ‘Note’ field is optional, as is the ‘Verified By’ field.
* When the parent has completed the form, they will click the blue ‘Save’ button.
From Mrs. Damerell in the Front Office:
Shot Records for School
Just a reminder that all students in grades PS-8 must have an updated shot record on file with us.
We have sent out notices to all families that are missing any parts of their shot records. Please keep in mind once those notices have been sent, we have 14 days to receive your updated shot record to show proof that your child has received this shot.
If you decide not to have your child receive a shot, we will need you to come into the office and sign off the Personal Exemption.
Thank you for your quick attention to this matter.
Volunteer Sign Up for the Annual Halloween Hop
We will be having our Annual Halloween Hop on Oct. 22 from 6-8 PM. More information will be sent home later in the month. At this time, I have set up a VolunteerSpot for those of you are interested in volunteering during the event or donating items for the event.
Please keep in mind that all donations for time or items does go towards you family’s volunteer hours for the 22-23 school year.
Here is the link that I have set up for the items and help that we will need for the Halloween Hop: https://signup.com/go/quYRziM
By now all of our students should have brought home their forms for our Parent/Teacher Conference time. Please be sure to fill out those forms and return them to your homeroom teacher. These conferences are mandatory so if for any reason you are not planning on attending, please let me know by sending me an email at email@example.com
NEW SCRIP INFO
- Scrip is available most Monday mornings from 7:30-10:00 in the Scrip Office, as well as most Tuesday & Friday afternoons at pick up in the parking lot.
- If you cannot purchase during these times, request a "yellow envelope" from the office, that can be used to send orders to the office and home again.
- NO ORDER WILL BE PLACED THE WEEK OF COLUMBUS DAY--Scrip will still be available to purchase in the parking lot that week
- Family Update letters were sent home last week. If you didn't receive one or have any questions, please contact the Scrip Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FIVE GUYS is now available through the app--only as a "e-card"--and earns 7.5%--take a break from the kitchen!
- Supercuts is no longer available.
- Orders are placed in the office Monday mornings with delivery on Thursdays. Be sure to get orders in by Monday at 9:00, and send the office an email (email@example.com)
- Remember to enroll your family in the RaiseRight app--the enrollement code is FFDL29CF737. Share with friends and family to earn even more towards your commitment!
We are soliciting interest in a school play. Students in grades 4-8 can audition. Practices for the play are on Saturdays from 10-4 starting in November and extending through about mid-April with a production in the latter part of April. If your child is interested, please let Mrs. Smith know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Flowers Meetings
Little Flowers meetings will take place in the All Saints Center (Theobold Room) from here forward. The All Saints Center is located in the northeast corner of the parking lot, next to the Grassy Knoll.
Lunchroom Snack Cart
Exciting news! Our snack cart has returned and is open! Students from K-8th grade may purchase snacks during lunch in the cafeteria. We sell a variety of chips, crackers, juice, switch drinks, water and, the ever popular just out of the oven, cookies. Items range in price from $.25 for a cookie to $1.25 for chips and drinks. Students may bring in cash, or you may purchase a snack card. Cards are $5.00 each and are kept by me. To buy a card, please send in cash or a check made out to Divine Redeemer. Please be sure the money is in an envelope with your child's name on it. The order form for snack cards is on the page with the lunch card orders and can be found on the DR app or hardcopies are available on the information wall outside of Mrs. Damerell's office. Snack card orders should be sent to the office in the morning so I have time to prepare them. I cannot make snack cards during the lunch rush. Snack cards are not the same as lunch cards. Money on lunch cards cannot be used for snacks. If you have any questions, please email me. Myra Hansen email@example.com
Gala season is upon us. Feel free to send sold tickets to the front office as soon as they are sold (no need to wait until all 30 are sold). Opportunities to sell after parish Masses is coming soon! The top two sellers for the week (announced on Friday afternoons) will receive lunch brought in on the following Wednesday. Questions: Contact our Gala Chairwoman, Kate Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Mothers of Faith Potluck Brunch
Sign-up to bring a dish at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090945AAAA2BABFD0-cmfpotluck.
Chess tournament at St. Peter Catholic School
Registration is now open for our chess tournament happening on Oct 1 at St. Peter Catholic School. This is open to the community.
Saturday, October 1, 10am-1pm
124 First Street
For students in grades K-12 of all skill levels. This unrated, Swiss-style tournament will have students compete in the following categories:
K - 2nd grade
3rd grade - 5th grade
6th grade - 8th grade
9th grade - 12th grade
Players under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Register Here: https://web4ucorp.com/forms/forms/view.php?id=1169063.